Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving







I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family. We had a wonderful time. I am so thankful for all that God has blessed us with in our lives. Andrew is the greatest miracle that God has given me in this life. I am so grateful for the three years of marriage and six years of adventure with my beloved husband and can't wait for the next seventy. I am also thankful for our family and friends.

Here is a brief run down on my Thanksgiving Day:

Decorations: I purchased two packages of column candles (medium and short height) for $6 (Half Off!!!), 10 red berry branches for $7.50 (also half off), jute twine for $3.30, and a burlap table runner for $7 (40% off) all at Hobby Lobby. I arranged the berry branches in a glass vase and put the glass vase on a platter and the candles around the vase. The table runner went down the center of the table and the platter in the middle of the table. Next, I took the jute twine and created a garland by free cutting leaves from my brown wrapping paper. I also created a banner with the twine and brown wrapping paper that said "Happy Thanksgiving". I hope you all like it! I really do.

Next, was deciding on our menu:

Appetizers:
Cheeseball (Mom Brought)
Salami, Parmesan, and Olive Skewers (Mom Brought)
Chocolate Acorns

Mains:
Turkey
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes (Mom Brought)
Rosemary, Garlic, and Parmesan Mashed Potatoes (Made Ahead of Time and Kept Warm in Crockpot)
Wild Rice, Bacon, and Pecan Dressing (I left out the cranberries and added gluten free breading and shredded brussel sprouts)
Pecan, Parmesan, and Butter Green Beans

Sides:
Crescent Rolls
Olives
Ambrosia (Mom Brought)

Desserts:
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie

Drinks:
Wine
Sparkling Apple Cider
Thanksgiving Blend Coffee
















Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment